Tuesday, March 1, 2011

DIY: Suffolk Puffs/aka Yo Yo's

I like crafts I can do while sitting on the couch.  This is one of those crafts but it took a REALLY long time.  It was originally supposed to be a table cloth but I decided after 3 days of sewing these damn things that it was gonna be a placemat. 


What you will need:
Scissors
Sewing Needle
Thread
Scrap Fabric
Paper
TIME

I used this you tube video to learn how to make the puff, and then I just sewed mine all together to make a placemat.  

Instructional video:



I love how old fashion it looks.  My Aunt gave one to my mom that her grandmother made.  That's what gave me the idea.







And there you have it, a Suffolk Puff Placemat...maybe one day it will grow to be a whole table cloth.

Love Desiree
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment