Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Purse Purge

So this topic came to me when I was faced with the daunting task of fitting my life into a smaller purse.  I normally carry a suitcase sized bag that will no doubt give me back issues in the future but everything I carry with me has come in handy at one time or another and I've been grateful for my big bag of goods on numerous occasions.  An extra pair of socks, some sandals, a band aid, nylons...a pen, tape measure, hey maybe a can of ice tea!  You never know what you'll need!

BUT, I just got  this AMAZING granny purse and I wanted to wear it out so I was forced to purge my bag of anything that wasn't totally necessary.  This process was difficult for me given my hoarder tendencies, but it really did shed some light on some of my most necessary possessions and since I'm sure you're all dying to know what's in my purse I thought I'd share.


So you've got my wallet, my cell phone, my keys, the things one is supposed to carry with them and then you have the not so obvious necessities that only someone worried about every possible negative scenario would think of.



We've got the VERY important and also very smelly TIGER BALM 
It cures headaches, back aches, stuffy noses, stomach aches and probably other stuff I haven't even discovered yet.  TB has rescued me on many occasions, so it's one thing that is definitely NEVER leaving my bag.  

Tweezers 
Someone once told me that you should always keep a pair of tweezers in the car for those moments when you catch a glimpse of yourself in natural light.  I don't have a car, but this advice still applies, so the tweezers are in.  I have a very bright office space.

Makeup
I don't leave without makeup EVER.  I might get rained on, I could find myself crying or sweating or who knows, and I am not blessed with a perfect complexion like some people (ugh, those lucky bitches) so I spend much of my life faking it and in order to keep my secrets I must always be prepared.  If I had to pick the bare minimum for afternoon touch ups it would be my Benefit Absolutely Flawless Compact (It's WAY too expensive so I use it sparingly) but I'm telling you it could cover up a third eye!  And of course, some red lipstick.

Pharmaceutical cocktail
One emergency Immodium - Just knowing it's there makes me feel better.
One emergency tampon - obviously.
One emergency advil - maybe 2.

and that's all the room I've got!

Oh wait, I almost forgot about gum!  That's necessary for sure.  Nothing worse than knowing you have bad breath and not being able to do anything about it.

So after reading this post, I'm thinking...jesus, this doesn't shed light on my necessary possessions, it sheds light on why I grind my teeth at night!  


Anyway, I'm posting this anyway, maybe you're also like me?  Are there any necessary items you have in your purse that I should know about?  Maybe I'm not prepared for everything!  What an awful thought...you better tell me what I'm missing.  Maybe this small purse thing just isn't gonna work for me.

Now I'm stressed.

Thanks for reading,
Desiree
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment