Saturday, January 21, 2012

DIY: FAIL

I have a confession to make...despite my weekly Inspire Me Thursday posts I'm feeling desperately uninspired.  I have moments of inspiration but they are fleeting and lead to lots of unfinished projects that lay around my house starring me down making me feel like a crafting failure!

For example...last weekend I decided to follow this tutorial to make these pretty peppermint sugar cubes from left over candy canes.  Great idea right? Perfect for a tea party!  I had a tiny ice cube tray, a blender, and lots of leftover candy canes already in the house so I had nothing stopping me.  It seemed to be working out until I added water...then the blender wouldn't move and I had big chunks of hard sugary nuggets threatening to break my blender for good.  So I scrapped it all out into a bowl and began mixing it with my hands adding more water.  It was moist like the tutorial said it would be so I figured I was done.  I put my minty goo into the ice cube tray and let it sit for the day to dry...and then the night... Nothing happened.  All I was left with was wet sticky candy cane goo in an ice cube tray that I eventually threw away.  Total fail.  I guess I added to much water, blended too much, but really ...  I think you need candy molds to make this worth the effort...and who has those?




So ya, that was the last crafty thing I did.  I was so disappointed, I went to Value Village to cheer myself up.  They didn't have one pretty dish or tea cup to speak of!  What the shit?  I did manage to score an awesome kids vintage toboggan for my future child..but since I don't have a child nor am I expecting one anytime soon...this purchase won't give me the immediate satisfaction I was seeking...sigh.

BUT, another weekend is upon me and hopefully with it will come some creative juices...

So stay tuned! Thanks for reading.... Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure that patience may have been required here. Like...........a month or so forgotten in a cupboard somewhere. Or for the impatient in the freezer as fancy little peppermint ice cubes for an iced tea party.

    ReplyDelete