Thursday, October 25, 2012

Inspire Me Thursday

Happy Thursday!






 Ha ha ha...she looks pleased.

Halloween is fast approaching and now is the time to carve your pumpkins, stock up on candy, and for god sakes find yourself a costume! The above pics are some costume ideas that are inspiring me but the below are some of my favourite costumes of Halloweens past... Maybe one of them will inspire you!

Tippi Hedren from The Birds was my favourite... I rigged up a fake crow to my shoulder and a bunch of black birds where ever I could attach them... The dress wasn't exactly the one she wore in the movie, but it was pretty close...
 Ah yes, and you may remember from last year when we were 'The1%'... Not as current this year but still a clever idea I thought...
 James as a dead Marlboro Man..
And I cruelly dressed him up like Edward from Twilight in this one...The picture doesn't quite capture it... His face was white and his chest was covered in sparkles! lol

 And one of the best couple costumes I've ever seen was Forrest Gump and Lt. Dan! 
How about a devil in a blue dress? Kind of lame, I know... : )
  Pumpkin carving is also on my to-do list for tomorrow and I LOVE these ones... Not very traditional, but they look so pretty all lit up... They say you should use a power drill to do it.  I did some similar ones last year with a knife but I might upgrade to power tools this year... It'll depend on how many glasses of wine I've had...
 
 I saw this on pinterest the other day and it's pure genius!
 It's a pumpkin house!
 Ice cubes with spiders in them? Come on, what a great idea for a party...you could use little eyeballs too....
This looks terrifying! (past experience has left me paralyzed around these feline friends)

Have a wonderfully spooky weekend!

Love Desiree



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment