Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Classy Birthday Soiree

My birthday party was pure class people, pure class.  No one threw up, no one broke any glasses and I didn't spill anything on myself, it was the perfect introduction to my 28th year.  I wore pearls which I'm pretty sure set the tone for the evening.  :)

The weather couldn't have been any more perfect and we took advantage with a pretty picnic dinner at Trinity Bellwoods park with another classy couple who even brought champagne!





 
After dinner we went back to my favourite hang out spot - my backyard, obviously... to have some pretty cocktails with some pretty company...

I brought out my fancy dishes and made dainty appetizers that were gone before I had a chance to take a picture.

My signature cocktail was ammmmaaazzing and I would recommend you all try it.  It was from my 'Vintage Tea Party' cookbook.




Ingredients:
Iced Jasmine Green Tea (5 bags steeped with 200ml of boiling water for 2 minutes and mixed with 3 tbsp of sugar, add 500 ml of water and chill for 1 hour)
Champagne
Raspberries

Fill up a tea cup with half champagne and half tea, top with raspberries. (presentation is key)

Delightful!

(please note: A lesson I learned as I lay wide awake jittering at 4am is that green tea has more caffeine than coffee, best to only have a couple of these)

So how lucky am I?

As the clock struck 12 and my 27th year was officially over I was serenaded and fed the best cupcakes of life! Pure love.




With so much caffeine in my system by the time I went to bed I had lots of time to lay and think of how lucky I was... Lucky to have escaped the 27 club and of course lucky to be surrounded with the best friends a girl could ask for.

...and when I awoke on my actual birthday morning to several sweet birthday phone calls , James had prepared an Egg Coddler breakfast for me! Another classy affair... : ) I just love everyone so much....and that's a really great feeling....my heart is lifted.



Thanks for reading!
xoxo
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment