Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back Home On The Farm: August

Hello readers...I've been trying to write this post since Monday when we arrived back to the city after spending what was probably our last summer weekend on the farm for this year...very bitter-sweet I must admit and the rain on Monday made for a perfectly depressing homecoming...: )

A very dear and old friend of ours was back in Niagara to bid his childhood home farewell with one last pool party to celebrate the memories...and there have been many! The house may have been Matt's childhood home, but it's doors have been open to all of us for a very long time and it's walls have seen us all grow up.  Taking a break from our busy adult lives to reunite the old crew at The Hale residence for one last horrah left me with a feeling at the pit of my stomach that I couldn't quite put my finger on.... but as I was sipping my coffee checking out what happened on FB over the weekend, James' poem popped up and it ripped my heart out sufficiently... I think he captured the feeling I was talking about in a few short words... : )

An August Poem by James Sandham

Sometimes summer fills me with longing
as these halcyon days slip by without stopping,
each one a gold grain of sand in the glass:
moments then memories, too quick to pass.
I dig my bare feet down into the grass
and it feels like I’ve dug down into my past.
The sensation descends that it’s happened too fast,
But I suppose it was foolish to think it would last.

Here's a few pics from the trip...some at the farm, some at Matt's...and the long train ride back to reality...


 









 

 

























 See you tomorrow!

Love Desiree




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment