Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Staycation...

A long weekend at home is sometimes just what you need....  This long weekend I stayed far away from trains, planes and automobiles and spent most of my time in my own little backyard oasis enjoying those last days of summer...

I ate too much, drank too much...
 Played with my new i-phone WAY too much...


 
I even did way too much laundry! It had been piling up for longer than I'd care to admit...
 We went for a sushi dinner...
 Took a bike ride to the beach...
and arrived just as a wedding party was lighting hundreds of lanterns over the lake!  It was magical...
 We decided to keep the show going so we rode down to the suspension bridge to check out this very odd installation piece... it's a squid that lights up...



I wish I could bottle up the scent of fresh sheets drying in the midday sun!

 Harley serenades us...
when the Airshow isn't rattling our windows... : )




The rest of the time was spent watching movies, sculpting (I'm desperately trying to make something, but my talents don't lie in the fine arts...) and doing some serious thrifting!  I'll show off some of my findings in tomorrows post...

Ta Ta for now....

Love Desiree
xo
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment