Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Green Beauty: Pick of the Week

Hello lovelies...time for another green pick from yours truly! Red lipstick is kind of my thing.  I feel naked without it so you can imagine my horror when I read the list of ingredients in my favourite shades.... There was no way I was going to kiss my daughter with this dirty mouth so I immediately began searching for natural red lipsticks. I started out trying plain old beets...I had heard that beets would turn your lips red but that experiment turned everything red BUT my lips...I came across Ilia at The Detox Market and my life was changed.  This is by far the best lipstick I have ever owned.

The lo down: Ilia lip conditioner is the best lipstick I've EVER tried and the fact that it's all natural is pretty much the best thing ever. It's build-able colour so you can go for a more natural tint or a bold hue depending on how much you put on...It's long lasting and very moisturizing plus it wears off really nicely. I always hated getting the lip liner look as my lipstick wore off but this stuff just fades away...Another wicked thing about this stuff is that you can use it as a cream blush too.  I use it everyday on my face and on my lips. My colour,pictured above, is Crimson and Clover. It's 29 bucks (a recent increase, ugh)but it lasts me the better part of a year so I say it's worth it...at least until Eloise starts day care, then I may have to resort to the beets. :)

Where to find it: In person or online at The Detox Market located on King St. West Toronto or freshfaced.ca

p.s Fresh Faced also sell samples so if you can't get to The Detox Market you can buy samples online to try out all the shades. Not really worth it if that's all you're buying just because of shipping...but a good option since buying lipstick online is a risky business.

Anyhoo, thanks for reading! Hope you guys are enjoying these little testimonials...let me know how your quest for green is going!

Love Desiree


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment