Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Finding The Joy...

Wow, what a response guys! i’m so happy that my honest account of what a mind fuck parenting has been resonates with so many of you! lol If it’s self depreciating mom humour you’re looking for, I have a shit ton where that came from! Seriously though, I’m thrilled to be back on the ole interwebs having some chit chat with my virtual friends…god knows it’s a hell of a lot easier to arrange a virtual hangout than it is to find a goddam baby sitter or have a conversation when kids are around! The only adult friends I interact with most of the time are ones I get paid to interact with at work and thank god for them! They make the work day something I look forward to! Isn’t it funny how Monday morning used to be so painful but now it’s kind of a vacation from your real boss? A pretty lame vacation, but at least you get to sit for long periods of time, go on Pinterest and have an entire hour to shop or eat or do whatever you want! Pinch me would you!? People always say parenting is the hardest job in the world and the most rewarding which is certainly true but they usually leave out the fact that the job never ends. EVER. Not while you sleep, not while you pee, not even while you insert a tampon. TMI? Sorry, I lost my filter the day I laboured naked in a hospital shower with an audience. So ya, where was I? Oh yes, the joy that is going to work. lol Who would have thought.

Don’t get me wrong, there are many times that I hate leaving my kid to go sit at the office all day. Days when she’s being super fun or days when she’s not feeling well but not sick enough to really warrant taking ANOTHER sick day, or just days when my mom guilt is going full tilt and I start to question whether being a working mother is what’s best... For the most part though, I love throwing on a hot pencil skirt, some heeled booties and hitting the city streets. I even like the commute! I was always a working-for-the-weekend kind of gal dragging myself out of bed dreading the day ahead but now I view life in a very different way. I don’t know if my standards of joy have been severely lowered since having a child or if having a child has given me the ability to see things through new eyes. Maybe I’m just closer to death so I’m starting to value all the moments more and it has nothing to do with kids? Do you guys feel this? Is this my medication talking? Joking…;) Whatever it is, I’m digging it. Aside from sicknesses (of which there have been many), and frequent night wakings which can sometimes send me into a blind rage, I’m pretty grateful for every minute of every day.

The best minutes by far though, are the ones at the end of the day when I arrive at daycare and see that little face light up. There really isn’t anything better! That little hug, that big snotty kiss, it’s what life’s all about I think. So despite all the shit that comes along with raising one of these little dictators I wouldn’t have it any other way. Would I do it again? Well, that’s another story, perhaps another blog post cos who has time for that??! Seriously.

Lots of love you beautiful people,
D Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment